Our Journey Bible studies are beginning again for Spring 2018! We start tonight at 7pm with a night of worship and small group Bible study. Whether you’ve been around the BSM forever, or if you would like to come for the first time, Journey is a great place for you! The BSM exists to bring students into an authentic community that connects them to Christ and equips them to be sent out with the Gospel. That’s what we do here, and we would love for you to be a part of it!
Our Freshman groups are all in 1 Corinthians – learning what it looks like to be equipped with the Gospel, and the practical ways it should play out in our lives. The Next-Level groups are each covering different topics, which can be seen here: Next-Level Spring 2018 Bible Studies
The BSM Fall Retreat is coming up soon! Join us October 20-22 in Waco, Tx for a great time of fun, fellowship, and food! The cost of the weekend is $40, and that covers your meals, lodging, and transportation. If you’ve been wanting to get to know more BSM’ers, now is your chance! Sign up today!
You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/qwpLVu
We’re looking forward to these happenings for Fall 2017, especially Howdy Week!
- |August 21| – Howdy Cookout! – Free cookout by Sul Ross Statue from 6-8pm.
- |August 23| – Vision Kickoff – Get a preview of our weekly free lunch, 12:30pm.
- |August 25| – Coffeehouse – Free live music groovin’ & coffee brewin’, 9pm-midnight.
More to come for sure! Be sure to friend us on Facebook to stay in the know.
If you are looking for a Bible study to get connected to, we hope that you will come and check out Journey, Thursday nights at 7pm. With 9 Freshmen Journey groups and 11 Next Level Journey groups (for sophomores thru grad students), there is a Journey group for you. Our hope and prayer is that Journey groups will help you engage with Scripture in a refreshing way and help you connect with people who will become friends and maybe eventually feel like family. It’s really more than just a Bible study, but walking the journey of faith and knowing God more deeply…together. Don’t delay! Come and check it out this week!
If you are a sophomore thru grad student and would like to know what the Next Level options are…..check them out here.
If you are a freshman, our Freshman Journey Coordinators Garrett and Claire will help you find a group your first time here.
So, if you keep all the fun of college but keep out all the studying and homework, and then add in lots of free food and other freebies, THAT is Gig’Em Week! It really is the best week. Check out some of our Gig’Em Week highlights! We’re looking forward to seeing you soon.
- Monday, August 22nd – Howdy Cookout – Sul Ross Statue Area on campus, from 6-8pm // Free Food and an abundance of Aggies!
- Wednesday, August 24th – VISION Kickoff – Baptist Student Center in Northgate, starting at 12:30pm // Come and get a preview of our weekly lunch.
- Friday, August 26th – COFFEEHOUSE! – Baptist Student Center, from nine to midnight // Enjoy the last homework free weekend with FREE live music groovin’ and coffee brewin’.
At the Aggie BSM, we are excited about a new school year beginning! We hope that you will come and join us this semester at the BSM. There are certainly many ways to get involved. Stop by our building at 203 College Main in Northgate to find out more.
- Hungry? Every week we have two lunches, each with a different feel. Wednesdays, we have our VISION Lunch at 12:30 with music, a great FREE meal from a local church, and a short talk. On Fridays, we have Friday Lunch & Bible Study, with a $2.00 lunch prepared by our awesome Kitchen Crew.
- Come to Journey! We’d love for you to be a part of a small group Bible study here on Thursdays. We start at 7pm with worship and announcements all together, and then split into different groups. There’s a group for everyone with 9 groups for freshmen and 12 groups for sophomores thru grad students.
- Missions – Missions opportunities in our community include Children’s Ministry (on Monday from 5:30-7pm) and Construction Crew (building, demolition, service projects in the area). We also have BSM mission trips in January and Spring Break and many summer missions opportunities.
- Cross Cultural Ministry – We have an incredible opportunity to reach the nations, right here in Aggieland! Be a part of our Conversational English Class Ministry, Fun Fridays (for Ladies), and Conversation Partners program.
- Outreach – We want to reach our campus for Christ! There are various outreach ministries that you can be a part of including Coffee and Conversation, Midnight Pancake Breakfasts, Creative Arts, and Coffeehouse.
Here’s what’s going on at Aggie BSM this summer! We look forward to seeing you….
- Class of 2019 – Howdy! As you stop by Aggieland for your New Student Conference, we hope to meet you! Look for the Aggie BSM table on Day 1 of your conference outside of Sbisa Dining Hall.
- Summer Bible Study – Tuesdays at 6pm, upstairs – Ever feel angry, anxious, overwhelmed, isolated…..human. We’re looking at Heart Issues this summer and what Scripture says about them. Afterwards, a group goes to get dinner. Join us!
- International Friends – We have 2 English Classes in June and July (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30). It’s a great way to meet people and improve your Conversational English skills. After the Thursday class, stay for a Bible Study just for you!
- Coffee Talk – Each Monday at 3pm, Join us at Lupa’s Coffeehouse (2501 Texas Avenue). It’s simply a time to be at the same place at the same time – to hang out, study together, read, play games, grab some coffee, etc.
- Summer in Aggieland on Facebook – To find out about other summer news and random summer happenings, join our summer facebook group.
Though July and the second summer session has just begun, we know that August will be here before we know it! Here’s what’s on our minds at Aggie BSM….
- It’s been great meeting the Class of 2018 at ‘Fish Tables’ this summer during all the New Student Conferences. We look forward to getting to know you!
- Summer Bible Study on Tuesdays at 6pm has been great! There are only a few left, so come and join us.
- The Great Giveaway is coming up in August and we are now collecting furniture and household items to give to new International students. Have some items to donate? Bring them by!
- Gig’Em Week is the best week and we are already gearing up for it! Check out the Upcoming Events section to see what is in store.
Sure. It’s quite a bit quieter in Aggieland during the summer….but there’s still fun to be had at the Aggie BSM. Come and join us.
Summer Bible Study happens every Tuesday night at 6pm, upstairs in the BSM. Also….It’s a well-known fact that we often head to Rosa’s or some other Tuesday night food special for dinner afterwards.
Other summer happenings: English Classes for Internationals, Bible Studies for Internationals, Fish Tables to meet the Class of 2017, Prayer for Summer Missions, and other randomness like Volleyball, Cookouts, and maybe a daytrip here and there.
ahhhh! Gotta love summer in Aggieland!